Today I am up for trying something new! And, not that I have to explain myself, but I am just in that kind of mood 🙂
Scallops have always been a tricky ingredient for me because I haven’t gotten quite comfortable with them. My mother-in-law can make some of the meanest recipes out there with scallops, and I admire that about her. For me, I feel I’m still the assistant chef in the kitchen when it comes to scallops. But, this paleo recipe seems to be so simple – it’s a fail-proof … not to mention the presentation of the dish looks as if I studied under Jacques Gusteau!
Clearly, this recipe will not fill up even the smallest mouths. Therefore, you should also try pairing this with a side dish … like roasted sweet potatoes … cilantro rice … or even as a compliment to a simple pasta dish!
Rosemary-Skewered Scallop Kabob Recipe
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 Minutes
- 24 scallops
- 8 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Take your scallops and pre-thread them with a skewer. Once this is done, take three scallops at a time and thread one rosemary sprig thru the three scallops. Repeat this step until all scallops are thread with a rosemary sprig.
- Next, lightly spread olive oil along each rosemary and scallop kabob.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper for seasoning along each scallop.
- Drizzle lemon juice over each scallop.
- Place a skillet on medium-high temperature and place 2 to 3 scallop kabobs onto the skillet and cook on each side about 3-4 minutes. Place the cooked scallops on a dish. Repeat this step until all scallop kabobs are cooked.
So … what do you think? Love it? I’d love to hear your feedback and comments and how this turned out for you … or, even better, what side dishes did you decide on that made this dish even yummier!