Today was a good day – the kids went back to school for the winter holiday break, and there was something back in my air of calmness and control. I think by lunchtime I was feeling a bit of guilt in my inner happiness for having the day just to myself … I wondered how their first day back was, and if they were spending the majority of their day happy, too.
I had an idea – I’ll make them something sweet, but unique, for an afternoon school snack! These cinnamon chips instantly came to mind because cinnamon is the aroma that tends to find itself in many things over the winter period … and us Texans love our chips! And, voila … it didn’t take much to decide this was THE snack 🙂
With ingredients you probably have already in the refrigerator, this 15-minute recipe is delicioso … in fact, I had to make 3 batches because I had to eat the entire first batch myself … making sure they were perfect 😉
Cinnamon chips RECIPE
Serves: 4 (4 chips, per person)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 Minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR Cinnamon Chips
- parchment paper (to line baking sheet)
- baking sheet
- 2 tbs unsalted butter (whipped, preferred … makes it easier to spread!)
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 4 flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Grab the baking sheet and line in with parchment paper.
- Take each tortilla and spread butter on each one, evenly.
- Cut each tortilla into four parts and place each chip onto the baking sheet.
- Take a bowl, place your sugar and cinnamon in it. Stir the ingredients until the sugar and cinnamon are evenly distributed.
- Taking a spoon, sprinkle each chip with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes!
Amelie was pleased with her taste-test! She said she’s making the next batch 🙂
Let us know what you thing – leave a comment!