JANUARY 1 – 7, 2017.
Well … I guess it’s time to get going with this 🙂 Here is my first entry for 2017. I am still looking at how I have laid this out and I am sure, knowing me, I’ll revise this a little … but here is to adapting, growing, and changing! And, if you’re just joining my exercise journal and want to know more about what this is about, take a peek at my initial posting, Tell It Like It Is … is will give you great insight into why I am doing this and what my 2017 health goals are 🙂
Also, if you want to get updates as I chronicle my healthy journey, become a fan of my blog by clicking the button to the right of this post … it looks like this!
OKay … and here it goes to a great 2017 active year – Let’s see what happens 🙂
- Sunday: Burned 317 calories from exercise; 52 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 10,245 steps = 5.23 miles. I did a fast-paced 2-mile walk today and bike ride with the kiddos!
- Monday: Burned 345 calories from exercise; 75 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 4,069 steps = 1.91 miles. I did a 75-minute yoga class today!
- Tuesday: Burned 236 calories from exercise; 48 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 9,855 steps = 4.92 miles. I did a fast-paced 2-mile walk today!
- Wednesday: Burned 393 calories from exercise; 87 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 5,381 steps = 2.59 miles. I did a 75-minute yoga class today!
- Thursday: Burned 262 calories from exercise; 32 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 7,204 steps = 3.77 miles. I did a fast-paced 2-mile walk today!
- Friday: Burned 371 calories from exercise; 81 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 4,035 steps = 1.98 miles. I did a 75-minute yoga class today!
- Saturday: Burned 79 calories from exercise; 0 minutes of high heartbeat exercise; took 1,905 steps = 0.89 miles.
Summary. So … what does this tell me in all? I burned 1997 calories … I spent relatively 375 minutes (or, 6.25 hours) with my heartbeat in a good, healthy challenge … I walked 21.29 miles … AND, I chipped away 3 out of 100 yoga classes I have on my 2017 health goals!
WhooHoo! I cannot believe I exercised 6 days out of the week this week. I’m feeling grateful at the moment for having taken the time to journal this because I am sometimes quick to forget the things I accomplish relative to exercise.
Some things I specifically remember from the time spent during training this week is some of the weakness in my mind I carried during yoga, in particular when doing some of the harder poses. A few times I gave into the voices telling me I couldn’t stay in the pose because it was too hard, but I also let that dissolve within a few breaths and then I put myself back into the pose. So, although it would be easier to beat myself up for having caved in I would much rather pat myself on the back for having gotten back in.
Another thing I remember noticing is during my Friday yoga session … (a massively packed class by the way – there was about 30 girls in the room … with maybe 2 spots open. This meant elbows and arms were bound to touch at each stretch … I call this cozy yoga!) … typically by the halfway mark of the class, I can tell my sun salutation sequence begins to become harder out of tiredness, but I was popping like a pro without any exhaustion. It felt great – I felt strong … even in the sweat bath 🙂 So, I left thinking: I am getting stronger already!
Oh … and one more reflection, taking the kiddos with me to do a 2-miler at the park … not the most relaxing moment. Between being a referee to their constant drama with one another … to being tripped three times thanks to my son’s boredom and he thinking I should be his victim for entertainment … I think I’ve learned something new: Either I should take one kiddo at a time … or let them play at the park while I walk 🙂